Welcome to Dronfield Henry Fanshawe School. This page provides further information about the school and our transition programme for students moving from Year 6 to Year 7.
Key Dates and Information
- Meet our Teaching Assistants (TA's)
- Year 6 Open Evening: 17th September 2020 (Virtual)
- Transition Manager Visit: January 2021
- Year 6 Initial Visit (at their primary school): June 2021
- Year 6 Disco: 15th June 2021 (Provisional subject to Hall availability)
- Year 6 Induction Evening: 30th June 2021
- Induction Week: 19th-23rd July 2021
Please note that full induction packs will be sent home to parents and students in the middle of June.
Moving to secondary school is an exciting event for students and their families but can also give rise to questions, particularly when the child is the oldest in a family and the process is unfamiliar. Please be assured that our aim is to ensure that every student starts Year 7 confident that they are cared for and that they will make excellent progress and achieve success whatever their background or level of ability. Staff from Dronfield Henry Fanshawe School visit our partner schools during Year 6 and will continue to make visits to meet with students and Key Stage 2 staff to assist in the transition process.
Meet our Teaching Assistants (TA's)
Year 6 Open Evening
17th September 2020 (Virtual): A great evening where you will have the opportunity to tour the school, meet our student ambassadors, talk to staff and sample some of the fabulous activities put on by our faculties. We look forward to welcoming you.
Transition Manager Visit
January 2021: Mrs Tracy Walters, our Extended Services Co-ordinator will be contacting all primary schools and exchange relevant transition information before the induction arrangements start. If you have any particular questions or concerns that you wish at this stage to discuss with Mrs Walters, please do not hesitate to contact her;
- Tel: 01246 412372
Year 6 Initial Visit (at their primary school)
June 2021: - as it was Prior to Covid! - Students will be visited at their primary school by the House teams, and two Year 7 students, to answer any questions students may have regarding joining our school, and get a flavour of the experiences they will have at the school. For example, uniform, the vertical house system, and what happens on the first day in September.
Year 6 Disco
15th June 2021: - as it was Prior to Covid! - Students have a chance to meet us outside of the classroom and have some fun. This is a great opportunity to make new friends with fellow students and bust some moves on the dance floor.
Year 6 Induction Evening
30th June 2021: - as it was Prior to Covid! - Proposal will be dependent on national guidance. If able to run, the format of the event may have to be changed to reflect the national picture. The contingency would be videos, streaming and publication of documents to the website. You will be invited along with your child, to meet with Mrs Tracy Walters, our Extended Services Co-ordinator, Senior Staff and your child's Support Team (House Progress Leaders, House Support Managers and Learning Support Staff). This meeting will take place at school. An induction pack will follow nearer the time.
Downloads from the Year 6 induction meeting
- Download the Year 6 Induction Evening CEIAG Presentation (.pdf | 881kb)
- Download the Year 6 Induction Evening Accessing the VDI System Presentation (.pdf | 460kb)
- Download the Year 6 Induction Evening ePortal Presentation (.pdf | 1.38MB)
- Download the Year 6 Induction Evening E-Safety - Presentation to Parents (.pdf | 673kb)
- Download the Year 6 Induction Evening E-Safety - Protecting Our Children Newsletter (.pdf | 96kb)
Term 6 - 19th-23rd July 2021: - as it was Prior to Covid! - Students will spend the full week with us. This week will include:
- A tour of the school
- Experience of lunchtime dining and the cashless card system
- Familiarisation with the Vertical House System and the opportunity to meet their Mentor and other members of their Mentor group and House
- Receive their school planner, Year 7 timetable, and other equipment for learning
- Experience a week of regular lessons in all faculty areas
- Provide an opportunity to order correct uniform
- Take part in enrichment and personal development activities, for example; Year 7 inter-house competitions
- Official Headteacher's welcome
- Download the DHFS School Prospectus
- See the DHFS Admissions Policy in our Policies page
- Download the "Moving On" guide - for SEN students moving on to secondary school