The page below contains the following information;
- What does the DHFS uniform consist of?
- Where do I buy DHFS school uniform?
- Non-compliance of our uniform policy
- Further advice about acceptable uniform
Dronfield Henry Fanshawe School currently enforces a school uniform for students in years 7 to 11.
- Black formal blazer with the school crest
- House metal lapel badge
- Plain white short or long sleeved collared shirt; tucked in at all times with sleeves rolled down
- Dronfield Henry Fanshawe School clip-on tie
- Plain black tailored formal trousers or a knee length formal skirt
- Plain black low heeled shoes, which cover the instep of the foot
- Black or flesh coloured tights or black socks
- Optional: Formal black cardigan or V-neck sweater with the school crest
- Jewellery and piercings: should be kept to a minimum; a watch, only one simple ring, no bracelets, and one pair of plain stud earrings worn, with no other visible piercings; including stretchers, tunnels, or spiked earrings, tongue piercings, and facial piercings.
- No make-up is allowed except light mascara. (We do not allow coloured nail varnish, eye shadow, eye liner, lipstick, foundation, excessive nail extensions, or fake tan)
- Hair should not be extreme in terms of style, cuts or colour. (We do not allow Mohicans, extreme shavings, lines cut into styles and non-natural hair colours). Hair bands should be black or dark green.
Prohibited items of dress:
- Footwear without backs (sandals, flip flops)
- Trainers/fashion pumps/boots (including canvas, suede or fabric footwear, Vans, Converse, Decathlon pumps, Ugg boots or Timberland boots)
- Black trainers from sports brands are not allowed as school shoes
- Lycra/stretchy, fashion, or frilly skirts, or skirts that are above the knee
- Tracksuit bottoms, jeans, combats, chinos, cords, fashion trousers or leggings
- Headwear such as caps and bandanas, with the exception of students whose religion requires head covering
- Hooded or tracksuit tops are only to be worn for PE/drama activities.
For more information, and photographic references of acceptable uniform and PE kit, please refer to the Uniform Expectations Booklet at the bottom of this page.
Blazers without a badge and other items of school uniform can be purchased from a number of retailers, however; all items of uniform with a badge and the school tie are currently available from Price & Buckland, or blazers, schools badges, and ties can be purchased from the school following payment via ParentPay.
- Download the Price & Buckland Order Form (.pdf | 684kb)
- Order uniform online at Price & Buckland
- Make a payment via ParentPay
- Request uniform funding support for Pupil Premium students
All students who are not in full uniform must bring a letter from home explaining why they are not able to wear full uniform and for how long the situation will last. Letters from parents must be shown to their mentor and then presented at student services where a red 'non-compliance' slip will be issued.
All unauthorised instances of incorrect uniform and appearance will lead to a one-hour after school uniform detention (Wednesday 3:30pm - 4:30pm). Three uniform detentions in an academic year will result in a Headteacher's Detention.
The possible level of sanction for not conforming to the uniform and appearance policy may include:
If you need any help or further advice on uniform, please contact us;