We warmly welcome you to Sixth Form at Dronfield Henry Fanshawe School. The prospectus (available from the bottom of this page) introduces you to the curriculum in our Key Stage 5.
We are a large Sixth Form School of 1837 students with about 320 students currently enrolled in Sixth Form. It is one of the largest Sixth Form centres in Derbyshire schools.
The students who join us for Sixth Form must want to attend and be prepared to do the hard work necessary to achieve success. The course you will follow will be determined by your:
- GCSE qualifications
- Career aim
Each candidate applying for a place will be considered as an individual. The staff will help you choose a course of studies most suited to your needs and abilities. We realise that academic excellence is only one form of excellence and that we need to develop the many and varied talents of all the students who join us.
However, we do look for each student to make a commitment to their studies and to the school overall. Sixth Formers are our senior students and we expect them to play a leading role in the school.
We continually strive to offer the most comprehensive and flexible curriculum possible, the best resources and dedicated, well qualified teaching staff. We have developed our Sixth Form area to meet the needs of the increasing numbers of learners and their study needs.
If you would like to take advantage of the opportunities we offer and are willing to make the required commitment, we invite you to join us.
Mr M Howell (Director of Sixth Form)
- Tel: 01246 412372
- Download the DHFS Sixth Form Prospectus (.pdf | 1.37MB)
- Download the DHFS Sixth Form Course Booklet (.pdf | 179kb)
- Download the DHFS Sixth Form Courses - Which A Levels should I choose? - Booklet (.pdf | 624kb)
- Download the DHFS Sixth Form Courses - Which A Levels should I choose? - Analysis Page (.pdf | 76kb)
- Download the DHFS Sixth Form Enrichment Courses & Activities Booklet (.pdf | 648kb)
- Download the DHFS Sixth Form Option Blocks - Sheet (.pdf | 86kb)
- Download the DHFS Sixth Form Open Evening Booklet - November 2018 (.pdf | 523kb)
- Download the Russell Group - Informed Choices Booklet - from the Russell Group website
- View DHFS Sixth Form Admissions information