The Humanities Faculty aims to encourage students to consider the wide range of varying human experiences, past, present and into the future. Many of the topics studied in our seven subject areas are contentious issues which will challenge our students as they progress through life.
Subjects covered by Humanities
Humanities collectively includes many subject areas. Please follow the links below to find out more about each subject.
This page contains the following information;
- We aim to broaden minds and encourage students to;
- Understand themselves, the people around them, their communities and eventually the world.
- Be aware of the variety of values, attitudes and beliefs.
- Appreciate diversity – people, culture and environment.
- Be aware of their rights and their responsibilities to others and their environment.
- Take part in practical activities which foster an understanding of the world in which we live.
- Be fully equipped to all lessons.
- Treat staff, students and the teaching environment with respect.
- Respect other people’s values, beliefs and opinions, even if they differ from our own.
The Humanities Faculty is housed in C Block and Upper D Block. We have a range of bright, well equipped classrooms with modern equipment and facilities. Resources are attractive and varied.