Welcome to Dronfield Henry Fanshawe School. This page provides further information about the school and our transition programme for students moving from Year 6 to Year 7.
- Year 6 Open Evening: 21st September 2017, 6-8pm
- Transition Manager Visit: January and April 2018
- Year 6 SLT Visit (at their primary school): 4th-15th June 2018
- Year 6 Initial Visit (at their primary school): 25th June to 6th July 2018
- Year 6 Disco: 21st June 2018
- Year 6 Induction Meeting: 5th July 2018
- Induction Week: 16th-20th July 2018
Please note that full induction packs will be sent home to parents and students in the middle of June.
Moving to secondary school is an exciting event for students and their families but can also give rise to questions, particularly when the child is the oldest in a family and the process is unfamiliar. Please be assured that our aim is to ensure that every student starts Year 7 confident that they are cared for and that they will make excellent progress and achieve success whatever their background or level of ability. Staff from Dronfield Henry Fanshawe School visit our partner schools during Year 6 and will continue to make visits to meet with students and Key Stage 2 staff to assist in the transition process.
Year 6 Open Evening
21st September 2017, 6-8pm: A great evening where you will have the opportunity to tour the school, meet our student ambassadors, talk to staff and sample some of the fabulous activities put on by our faculties. We look forward to welcoming you.
Transition Manager Visit
January and April 2018: Mrs Tracy Walters, our Extended Services Co-ordinator will be contacting all primary schools and exchange relevant transition information before the induction arrangements start. If you have any particular questions or concerns that you wish at this stage to discuss with Mrs Walters, please do not hesitate to contact her;
- Tel: 01246 412372
Year 6 SLT Visit (at their primary school)
Year 6 Initial Visit (at their primary school)
25th June to 6th July 2018: Students will be visited at their primary school by the House teams, and two Year 7 students, to answer any questions students may have regarding joining our school, and get a flavour of the experiences they will have at the school. For example, uniform, the vertical house system, and what happens on the first day in September.
Year 6 Disco
21st June 2018: Students have a chance to meet us outside of the classroom and have some fun. This is a great opportunity to make new friends with fellow students and bust some moves on the dance floor.
Year 6 Induction Meeting
5th July 2018: You will be invited along with your child, to meet with Mrs Tracy Walters, our Extended Services Co-ordinator, Senior Staff and your child's Support Team (House Progress Leaders, House Support Managers and Learning Support Staff). This meeting will take place at school. An induction pack will follow nearer the time.
Downloads from the Year 6 induction meeting
- Download the Year 6 Induction Evening CEIAG Presentation (.pdf | 881kb)
- Download the Year 6 Induction Evening Accessing the VDI System Presentation (.pdf | 460kb)
- Download the Year 6 Induction Evening ePortal Presentation (.pdf | 1.38MB)
- Download the Year 6 Induction Evening E-Safety - Presentation to Parents (.pdf | 673kb)
- Download the Year 6 Induction Evening E-Safety - Protecting Our Children Newsletter (.pdf | 96kb)
Term 6 - 16th-20th July 2018: Students will spend the full week with us. This week will include:
- A tour of the school
- Experience of lunchtime dining and the cashless card system
- Familiarisation with the Vertical House System and the opportunity to meet their Mentor and other members of their Mentor group and House
- Receive their school planner, Year 7 timetable, and other equipment for learning
- Experience a week of regular lessons in all faculty areas
- Provide an opportunity to order correct uniform
- Take part in enrichment and personal development activities, for example; Year 7 inter-house competitions
- Official Headteacher's welcome
- Download the DHFS School Prospectus
- See the DHFS Admissions Policy in our Policies page
- Download the "Moving On" guide - for SEN students moving on to secondary school