Welcome to Dronfield Henry Fanshawe School. This page provides further information about the school and our transition programme for students moving from Year 6 to Year 7.
- Year 6 Open Evening: 19th September 2019, 6-8pm
- Transition Manager Visit: January and April 2020
- Year 6 SLT Visit (at their primary school): 1st-12th June 2020
- Year 6 Initial Visit (at their primary school): 22nd June to 3rd July 2020
- Year 6 Disco: 18th June 2020 (Cancelled)
- Year 6 Induction Meeting: 2nd July 2020
- Induction Week: 13th-17th July 2020
Please note that full induction packs will be sent home to parents and students in the middle of June.
Moving to secondary school is an exciting event for students and their families but can also give rise to questions, particularly when the child is the oldest in a family and the process is unfamiliar. Please be assured that our aim is to ensure that every student starts Year 7 confident that they are cared for and that they will make excellent progress and achieve success whatever their background or level of ability. Staff from Dronfield Henry Fanshawe School visit our partner schools during Year 6 and will continue to make visits to meet with students and Key Stage 2 staff to assist in the transition process.
Year 6 Open Evening
19th September 2019, 6-8pm: A great evening where you will have the opportunity to tour the school, meet our student ambassadors, talk to staff and sample some of the fabulous activities put on by our faculties. We look forward to welcoming you.
Transition Manager Visit
January and April 2020: Mrs Tracy Walters, our Extended Services Co-ordinator will be contacting all primary schools and exchange relevant transition information before the induction arrangements start. If you have any particular questions or concerns that you wish at this stage to discuss with Mrs Walters, please do not hesitate to contact her;
- Tel: 01246 412372
Year 6 SLT Visit (at their primary school)
1st-12th June 2020: DHFS will use the website to post documents and video messages to a dedicated page as an ongoing process throughout transition. Ideally, this will be enhanced by direct meetings of some form with Y6.
Year 6 Initial Visit (at their primary school)
22nd June to 3rd July 2020: DHFS will use the website to post documents and video messages to a dedicated page as an ongoing process throughout transition. Ideally, this will be enhanced by direct meetings of some form with Y6.
Year 6 Disco
18th June 2020: DHFS will explore the possibility of a disco in the Autumn term, dependent on national guidance at the time.
Year 6 Induction Meeting
2nd July 2020: Proposal will be dependent on national guidance. If able to run, the format of the event may have to be changed to reflect the national picture. The contingency would be videos, streaming and publication of documents to the website.
Downloads from the Year 6 induction meeting
- Download the Year 6 Induction Evening CEIAG Presentation (.pdf | 881kb)
- Download the Year 6 Induction Evening Accessing the VDI System Presentation (.pdf | 460kb)
- Download the Year 6 Induction Evening ePortal Presentation (.pdf | 1.38MB)
- Download the Year 6 Induction Evening E-Safety - Presentation to Parents (.pdf | 673kb)
- Download the Year 6 Induction Evening E-Safety - Protecting Our Children Newsletter (.pdf | 96kb)
Term 6 - 13th-17th July 2020: Plans to be confirmed, proposal will be dependent on national guidance. The traditional format is unlikely to run. If students are back on school sites some format could be effectively planned and delivered.
If the national guidance is for schools to be closed still as in the current arrangements, then transition activities will happen remotely and virtually.
DHFS will use the website to post documents and video messages to a dedicated page as an ongoing process throughout transition.
- Download the DHFS School Prospectus
- See the DHFS Admissions Policy in our Policies page
- Download the "Moving On" guide - for SEN students moving on to secondary school