Updated 16th October 2018: As employees, apprentices earn a wage and work alongside experienced staff to gain job-specific skills. Continue reading to find out what local vacancies are available right now...
What are Apprenticeships?
As employees, apprentices earn a wage and work alongside experienced staff to gain job-specific skills. Off the job, usually on a day-release basis, apprentices receive training to work towards nationally recognised qualifications. Anyone living in England, over 16 years-old and not in full-time education can apply.
Apprenticeships can take between one and four years to complete depending on the level of Apprenticeship, the apprentices' ability and the industry sector. The minimum salary is £3.70 per hour; however, many apprentices earn significantly more.
Who are they for?
Apprenticeships are open to all age groups above 16 years-old whether you are just leaving school, have been working for years or are seeking to start a new career. You just need to be living in England and not in full-time education.
What are the benefits?
There are lots of benefits to doing an Apprenticeship. You can earn while you learn, and learn in a way that is best suited to you – through hands-on experience on the job. Key benefits of being an apprentice include;
- earning a salary
- getting paid holidays
- receiving training
- gaining qualifications
- learning job-specific skills
- Apprenticeships at GOV.uk: 14 to 19 education and training for work
- Apprenticeship Vacancies (AV) Live - updated every 24 hours
- Amazing Apprenticeships - Vacancy Snapshot
- GetMyFirstJob Job Board
- Various Apprenticeships | Various Locations Tue 16 Oct
Derbyshire County Council
Derbyshire County Council is the largest employer in the county offering a large variety of career opportunities throughout Derbyshire. The Council offers excellent terms and conditions of employment, as well as competitive salaries.
For details and to apply, search Job Reference Numbers from the below PDF online:
- Get more information and apply online
- Download the Derbyshire Live Vacancies - October to November 2018 (.pdf | 31kb)
Closing date: October to November, 2018
- Read the 'Guide to Apprenticeships' Booklet at the GOV.uk website
- See the 'A to Z of Apprenticeships' at the GOV.uk website
- Learn how to write a winning Apprenticeship application at the GOV.uk website
- More information about Higher and Degree Apprenticeships on the GOV.uk website
- Read the 'Is a Traineeship for me?' Fact Sheet at the GOV.uk website